Sunday 1 July 2012

Work I've done recently & some advice needed...

Right now we've got rid of the soppy stuff... I've got some of the sets of nails I've done for friends, to show you, as well as sets I've done on myself...

My first set of Permanent White Tips on Myself



Della's Permanent White Tips with Nail Art on each Ring Finger
 


Wee Dani's Permanent White tips, short for work purposes
 


Laura's Permanent White Tips
 


I'm still getting used to doing nails... in fact, I've had a few hiccups that I'm hoping a few people might be able to help me with...

Firstly - I have had a few people contact me, as well as noticing myself, that nails have snapped off and I'm not getting the acrylic thick enough.
It might just be because I'm not used to the non-chinese-strength cement they used to use on my nail, and still thinking I can use my nails to open cans of coke etc...but I'm really worrying as I want to do nails full time, but even with me thickening up the layer of acrylic, it's still taking 2.5-3 hours for me to do a full set on someone else...having to put more acrylic on, will mean more filing and shaping and I could run into 4 hours.

I really want to cut my times down, which I expect will happen over time as I get more practice, but also be able to do better nails that break less. I've been looking at glitter acrylics and other types but I really want to get my head around the basics before I try branching out. I've managed to perfect the nail prep now, where before my nails were just peeling off as I'd not prepared the surface well enough.

If anyone could offer me some advice...it'd be much appreciated.

Oh and by the way... the step by step I do is:

  1. Cuticle prep - using a cuticle file
  2. Using a nail file to buff away the shine from the nail, and trim/shape the natural nail (if required)
  3. Sanitise to get the "squeak"
  4. Size up and glue the tip (using resin)
  5. Cut the tips to size
  6. Use primer on the natural nail bed 
  7. Buff the shine from the tip
  8. Acrylic
  9. File & shape
  10. White block
  11. Cuticle oil
  12. Get client to wash their hands
  13. {Nail art if required}
  14. Then two to three coats with top coat

The products I use are mainly Millennium, bar the acrylic liquid (which I find has improved the quality of the acrylic on the nail), the cuticle oil is Sally's own, and the top coat is also Sally's own (Top Gloss Top Coat or something like that).

Any ideas?

H x

No comments:

Post a Comment